As some proof will testify, if you're looking to drop all your worldly cares and spend some time without a single 802.11 radio wave to bugger up the mood, this place is the real tabasco. Some of the complimentary charms include:
- An 11-mile stretch of beach whose only dedicated inhabitant appears to be a socially challenged starfish.
- A quaint old lighthouse which is actually quite a marvel of engineering.
- A newer version of said lighthouse, which is undeniable proof that with a little bit of effort, technology can take the charm out of just about anything.
- A protected population of about 300-odd tule elk.
- Enough wildflowers to drive the female of our species quite bonkers with delight.